A blog is an abbreviation for the term “weblog”. It is an informational website published on WWW. Over the years blogging has become a favorite pastime and a great source of making money. Day by day more and more people are joining the group of bloggers.
However, starting something new has always been confusing and dithering. Therefore, if anyone is new to blogging or wants to build their own blog, it is very helpful for them to get started off on the right foot and have someone to help them avoid their mistakes. In order to solve the purpose of the beginners and to assist them, the initial five steps are given as under:
- Pick the right platform– There are a number of platforms available for blogging like WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr etc. However, with more than 82 million active bloggers, WordPress has become the biggest blogging platform. It is the preferable one, as it is FREE and OPENSOURCE as well as provides countless designs and number of free plugins to customize a good blog.
- Domain and Hosting– The first question which comes to mind is what are domain and hosting? A domain is to give unique identification to the blog and hosting is important as it makes the blog or website accessible over the internet. A domain is basically the blog address where people will find the respective blog. For example, Gmail’s domain is www.gmail.com. Coming to hosting IPAGE is an established web hosting provider with over 1 million customers and the cost of web hosting is now somewhere between $2-5 per month. Web hosting of a blog is like hard disk of a computer which stores all the content and information on the blog.
- Design the blog– WordPress blogging platform contains over 2,000 professionally designed, fully-customizable and free themes which will help the beginners to figure out how their blog should look. Changing blog’s layout and design is as simple as installing a new theme. While logging in for the first time on WordPress, the beginner will see an admin panel which will show the “Appearance” tab in the sidebar, there click on “Themes”. After this several themes already installed will appear, select from them. If none of them suits then go for “Add New” button at the top and choose the best-suited design for the blog. Also, configure the blog’s search engine user-friendly.
- Creating blog posts– The next step is to create a blog using WordPress. In order to build a new blog post, the first step is to log in to your own created WordPress blog, then click the “Posts” section on the left-hand side menu, then click on “Add New”. After this, the starters can write their own blog.
- Link the blog– linking the blog posts to other websites is helpful to build relationships and share content over the internet. So, to add a link to the post created in step four, click on the icon in the toolbar that looks a bit like a chain link and after creating the link finally click on “add link”.
After following all these steps the beginners will be able to create their own blog.